Sunday, March 6, 2022

The Process Behind Creating A Film Opening: Symbolism of name

Importance of Title

The name of our opening is "It Comes in Waves". My partner and I realized that the name of our film was a very important part of our film. The title tells the audience more about what the film is going to be  about and gives the story more symbolism. My partner and I wanted to choose the right name that would fit not inly the plot but the opening itself and since it's about music the word "waves" was a good word to use. At first, we thought about just using the word Waves as the title but we thought something was missing so we decided to go with the saying "it comes in waves".


Symbolism of Title

The title "It Comes in Waves" really displays what we want to show with our film and our film opening. First of all, throughout the film Dave has ups and downs, he is seen at the beginning as a depressed person until he makes music, which is what we show in our opening, it's like a waves, he has his downs and his lows. Furthermore, throughout the film Dave also has his highs and his lows, for example, when he loses his friends and girlfriend because of egocentric attitude when he's famous, and then he is seen depressed again, but after stopping his music career and isolating himself, he is seen happier and actually enjoying life. The fact that our film is about music is also another reason we decided to use this title. Sound is a big part of our film and our film opening relies a lot on it, so using the word waves for sound waves is a good way to show what the film is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Process Behind Making a Film Opening: CCR

 Here I’m reflecting my experience during this project and I talk about what I learned doing it. I also reflect the techniques I used to cre...