Saturday, March 12, 2022

The Process Behind Creating A Film Opening: Issues we have experienced

 As expected my partner and I have experienced some issues throughout our planning of our opening. However, we have been able to solve those problems easily, so they haven't really affected our film opening.

Some issues we have experienced and how we solved them

One of the main changes that we have made to the project is the addition of the scene with Dave's girlfriend. in this scene we want to show the importance of her character in the film. We also wanted to highlight how Dave still feels no emotion when he is with her but doesn't care enough to tell her that. At the beginning of our planning we didn't think of this scene but later on we thought it was a very good scene to add to our opening because it shows how depressed Dave actually is.

My partner and I also had difficulty deciding on the title for our film. We know that the title is a key part not only to show the audience what it's about and add more depth to the film, but also to market the film. We decided to go with the title "It Comes in Waves" because or opening relies a lot on sound and we wanted to use that for the title so we used the word sound waves and we thought about the saying "it comes in waves" and thought it symbolized our film very well because of Dave's up and downs throughout it.

Overall, my partner and I did have some issues but we were able to overcome them. For example, we didn't agree about some scenes but we each gave our pitch on why we thought our idea was better and then together ended up deciding what could fit the opening better. We think we have worked really well together and if we continue like this our project can have a very good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Process Behind Making a Film Opening: CCR

 Here I’m reflecting my experience during this project and I talk about what I learned doing it. I also reflect the techniques I used to cre...